MISSYTAUR is a female juju-gospel music artiste based in ikorodu, Lagos. She is a Lagos state civil servant in the health sector with great passion for music since 2013.
In this interview with BIDEMI AMZAT; MISSYTAYUR reveals how she started her journey into music and plans to feature top Nigerian music stars.
1. TELL US WHO IS MISSYTAYUR?
Missytayur is a simple and loving soul, OYASHINA OMOTAYO OLAYINKA by name.
2. WHEN DID YOU START YOUR MUSIC CAREER PROFESSIONALLY?
It all started with the Grace of God officially in 2013.
3. WHAT KIND OF GENRE OF MUSIC DO YOU DO?
Well, I’m a JUJU-GOSPEL Artiste.
4. LIKE HOW MANY ALBUMS HAVE YOU RELEASED SO FAR?
I have 2-Albums: “SUFFER ME NOT” (MA JEN JIYA) & “NEW NAME” (ORUKO TITUN).
5. THE JOURNEY INTO MUSIC, WHO INSPIRES YOU?
YES I grew up listening to EVANG. EBENEZER OBEY songs but TITI OGUNTOYINBO inspires me into music as a female JUJU-GOSPEL artiste.
6. ASIDE MUSIC, ARE YOU INTO ANY OTHER BUSINESS?
Anyway, I’m a Civil Servant in the Health Sector and also into other business.
7. YOUR EDUCATION BACKGROUND?
I went to Rosevalley Nursery & Primary School, Oko-Oba, Agege and Saka Tinubu Memorial High School, Orile, Agege. I later proceeded to Osun State polytechnic, Iree, where I obtain my Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology and a Technician Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science at Lagos State College of Health Technology, Yaba, Lagos.
8. NAME 5-TOP MUSIC STARS YOU WISH TO WORK WITH?
QUEEN AYO BALOGUN, TOPE ALABI, MEGA99, ALAYO MELODY SINGER & DARE MELODY.
9. WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES AS A FEMALE JUJU-GOSPEL ARTISTE IN NIGERIA?
Hmmmm, lots of challenges in terms of male fans but with the glory of God, am able to handle them.
10. WHAT SHOULD YOUR FANS EXPECT FROM YOU SOON?
Am dropping a single soon, I want my fans worldwide to watchout for it.